PULLING PRINTS – A Juried Group Printmaking Exhibition
Curated by Judith Bodman
DATES February 8 through March 14, 2020, with an opening reception on Saturday, February 8 from 3 – 5 p.m.
LOCATION DVAA 37 Main Street, Narrowsburg, NY.
DESCRIPTION Pulling Prints is a juried group printmaking exhibition that will include a wide variety of printmaking media. The exhibit will focus on exhibiting high-quality hand-pulled prints that inform the viewing public about the scope of printmaking as a fine art medium.
ABOUT THE JUROR
Judith Fisher-Bodman is an artist based in Blooming Grove, PA. She works in a range of mediums including etchings, solar plate printing, linocuts, woodcut prints, wood engraving, and painting. Born and raised in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, she received a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Printmaking from Indiana University of Pennsylvania.
- All artwork will be juried from the online submission portal “Submittable”
- The entry portal will be open from October 15, 2019, and close December 15, 2019
- All artworks selected by curator Judith Bodman are final.
- Each artist may submit up to four (4) works for consideration.
- All PRINTMAKING media will be considered: Woodcut, Linocuts, Collagraphs, Intaglio (Engraving, Etching, Drypoint, Mezzotint, Aquatint), Solar Plate printing, Monotypes, Lithographs, Serigraphy (Silkscreens),
- No size limitations
- All artwork must be original (no digital print reproductions of original works)
- Artwork may be for sale. DVAA takes a 25% commission for members and 30% for non-members.
- Artwork previously exhibited anywhere at DVAA or previous DVAA events are not eligible.
- Artworks made within the past 10 years are preferred.
- A $10 entry fee is required for all applicants.
DEADLINE & NOTIFICATION
- DEADLINE for entry is December 15, 2019
- Artists will be notified of the curator's selections on or before January 11, 2020.
IF YOU ARE SELECTED - Exhibition requirements
- All work must be professionally finished with hanging hardware
- Plain black, white or neutral frames suggested
- Work must be delivered on time and removed at the end of the exhibit
- Delivery of artwork is Saturday, February 1, 2020, at the DVAA from 11 am – 4 pm
- Artwork should be delivered/shipped to: Attn: Pulling Prints, Delaware Valley Arts Alliance, 37 Main Street, Narrowsburg, NY 12764
- Artists are responsible for shipping to and from DVAA.
The Delaware Valley Arts Alliance (DVAA), founded in 1976, serves as Arts Council for Sullivan County, New York. We present programs in the visual, performing, literary, and media arts and service a county- and valley-wide constituency of artists, arts groups and the general public.
Our mandate is to lead collaborations that advance the arts; to encourage and support cultural programs relevant to all citizens; and to provide services to individual artists, arts organizations, and the area’s arts community.
The staff advocates for the advancement of the arts on the local, state, national, international level. As a catalyst for events not generally available, DVAA presents an outstanding variety of arts and cultural programs in its facilities including the Elaine Giguere Arts Center (listed as the Arlington Hotel on the National Register of Historic Places), and the Tusten Theatre, a fully-renovated 160-seat facility.
DVAA provides free services to artists that include grant conduit support, information networking, grant-writing assistance, collaborative project incubation, fellowships, space, and promotion support. Our organization provides commissions, fiscal sponsorship, and technical training.
DVAA's galleries are located at 37 Main Street Narrowsburg NY, approximately 2 hours from NYC. Open year-round, DVAA hosts over a dozen exhibitions annually and is free and open to the public, Tuesday-Saturday 10am - 4pm.
Call (845) 252-7576 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org